GACETestGuide.com - Free GACE Test Questions and Information about the GACE Test

GACE English Test

The GACE English Test can be somewhat confusing for those who are preparing to take it. That's because even though it is considered to be one test, it actually comprises two separate exams, which are taken in one sitting with a maximum time limit of four hours given for completion.

The first of the two exams focuses on reading, testing for reading strategies, reading skills, and reading comprehension of various kinds of texts.

The second test focuses on writing, with questions on the writing process, writing conventions, and writing for different audiences, as well as a few questions on oral and visual communications. Each exam features 60 selected-response (multiple-choice) questions, which count for 80 percent of the total score. The other 20 percent of the total score is determined by two questions requiring written answers, which are scored by judges, not by computer. The minimum passing score is 220 of a possible 300.


GACE Test Guide - Home

Last Updated: 06/14/2014