GACETestGuide.com - Free GACE Test Questions and Information about the GACE Test

GACE Middle Grades Language Arts Test

The GACE Middle Grades Language Arts Test differs from the average GACE exam in that there is only one exam to take, while most of the other GACE tests consist of two separate tests. The test is graded on a scale of 100 to 300, and the lowest possible passing score is 220. There are no exceptions to this rule, and failure to achieve at least a 220 means that the person will be denied certification in this subject matter and won't be able to teach. The test covers reading both literary and informational texts and reading across the curriculum.

It also covers listening, speaking and viewing, and writing processes, along with purposes and conventions. There are 60 multiple-choice questions on the exam, counting for 80 percent of the final score, and two written-response questions that make up the other 20 percent. The GACE Middle Grades Language Arts Test has a time limit of four hours.


GACE Test Guide - Home

Last Updated: 06/14/2014